Monday, August 22, 2011

I eat through a tube in my tummy, and through my mouth..

My tummy hurts when we push on it where my button is, and I'm tired of my tummy button leaking a lot.

Tummy tubes are something that we use to eat if we have allergies or if anything is wrong with our tummy.  Sometimes I just use feel my tummy saying, "I want food!  Feed me!" but my tummy still feels full.  I want to eat but my tummy is too full. 

I feel sad when I see people eating foods I can't eat but I wish I could.  When I see somebody eating something I can eat, it makes me feel better.  When I came home from the hospital I couldn't eat anything except for water and ice.  It was like they didn't want me to eat anything, but I knew they did, they wanted to see how I was doing and they didn't want me to get sick.

I can eat a little bit of food now, but eating too much makes my tummy hurt and makes me feel like I have to throw up.  It sometimes helps if my mom or dad take food out of my tummy.  But I have to tell them when my tummy is full and it's kind of hard to know that because I'm only 7 years old. 

Some kids can eat food and some kids like me can't.  It just makes us different.  I'm happy that I can eat a little food now, and that my tummy tube gives me the food I can't eat. 

From your best friend,

Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment